Pet Food, Supplements, Treats and More
The Shuswap Veterinary Clinic has everything you need to manage your pet’s health and wellness all in one place. We keep a fully stocked pharmacy and can dispense medications to treat the many disorders that can affect your pet.
For fleas, worms, ticks, and other parasites, we carry the most current and safe products. Please be very careful when applying flea control products to cats.
We offer a wide variety of specialty and therapeutic diets for all life stages and disease conditions. We also provide special supplements for general health and wellness and for acute and chronic disease conditions.
Our veterinarians can help you in selecting the best diet for your pet, from a kitten or puppy stage all the way to a senior adult. We have a selection of diets that fit your pets individual needs, is safe and nutritious.
In addition, we carry a wide variety of prescription diets for those pets who have medical conditions in which a special diet is an important part of a health treatment. (Examples include urinary tract disorders, diabetes, heart disease, food allergies, gastrointestinal tract disorders, and obesity.) If your pet is at risk for dental disease, we have diets, chews, and treats that can help keep his or her gums and teeth healthier by controlling plaque and tartar.
Is your pet overweight but you would still like to give him or her a treat without feeling guilty? We have special calorie-reduced treats that you can give to your pet without worry about their health. We also carry treats that help prevent gum disease.
For cats and dogs with dental issues, we have food, treats, toothpaste and other products to help keep their teeth clean, and their breath fresh.
Food and Nutritional Counselling
Veterinary consultation is required and a good idea for our prescription diet foods and our supplements. Call us to schedule an appointment to discuss your pet’s nutritional needs.
- Hills Pet Food Hills Pet Nutrition is a leader in animal nutrition. Their website has good information on pet nutrition.
- Medi-Cal/Royal Canin Pet Nutrition Medi-Cal is a Canadian company which produces a number of therapeutic and preventive diets for dogs and cats.
- Purina Veterinary Diet Purina Veterinary Diets® DM Dietetic Management® and DM Savory Selects™ Dietetic Management feline formulas offer dietary benefits that provide optimal nutrition while meeting your cat’s special needs.
- Special Orders: In the rare event that we need to order a specific food for your pet, it is usually can be available the next day. If you require a special diet for your pet that we do not have in stock, simply ask and our care team will help.
Pet Health Insurance
We get asked all the time about pet health insurance. “Should we get it or not?”
This is what we always tell our clients….
- We receive no direct benefit from insurance companies for signing up patients or marketing their products.
- Our health recommendations are no different if a pet is on insurance or not on insurance. We always recommend what is in the best interest of the pet regardless.
- Studies show that pets with pet insurance statistically receive more frequent care than those who are not. Many variables need to be considered before committing to a pet insurance plan. Your veterinary team can provide some direction.
There are lots of choices out there for pet insurance and we have done our research on the options available. There are many options available for you to research. We recommend Petsecure or Trupanion. Click on the link below to access their website, determine which fits your needs and receive a free quote.
Pet Medical Payment Plans
Much like any veterinary clinic, we do not offer any in clinic payment plans. We request that you pay for services provided at the time of your pet’s visit. If you have any questions about our payment policy, please feel free to ask. We do accept Visa, MasterCard, debit, cash or cheques.
It’s a good idea to include the cost of veterinary care in your annual expenses. However, we understand that this sometimes isn’t possible.
For your convenience, we do accept major credit cards, as well as veterinary insurance plans, which can help cover many routine and emergency services. For those who need some financial assistance to meet the needs of their pets needs there is IFinance, a financial lending company for medical health care for pets. While we do not offer in clinic payment plans for services, we do recommend the services of PetCard – veterinary financing. Click on the logo above to access their on-line application form.